Friday, June 19, 2009

Allan Savory book critique

I've finished "Holisitic Management" by Allan Savory and I truly enjoyed it. It changed the way I look at everything I am doing and will hopefully help me better accomplish my goals. That said, as a "numbers" guy, I would have liked to have seen Allan more detail his results. I would have liked to have read where he "increased stocking capacity 230%" or "increased pounds produced per acre 140%" or some other statistical figure to gauge the results of his teachings. That info is nowhere in the book. In fact, it's unclear whether Allan's guidance actually helped his clients accomplish any of their goals. It is my hope that I will be able to document and convey specific, measurable results from our move to Mob Grazing and a more Holistic approach. Stay tuned.

1 comment: